Another effexor XR question
OK - I have one more question for the community here.  When do you take Effexor XR?  I have read posts and opinions (medical and lay) on both sides - in the morning and at night before bed.  I think I have experienced some sleepiness with it - I have been taking it in the morning.  Also, I normally take Ambien CR at night for help with sleep.  So...Effexor at night to help the sleep even more, or during the day, or AM?  Thanks for the input.
When I was on effexor it wired me. It made me feel like I was on crack or something. I had no appetite, I lost a bunch of weight, and I could not sleep. I would try to sleep, my body was just so tired, but my mind would not shut off. I would just lay there awake. Not a fun experience. It also took my sex drive away, which still after 2 years of being off effexor I still do not have a sex drive. I did not like this drug and yes it is hell trying to get off of it. The withdraw effects are horrible. I have switched from effexor to cymbalta. In my opinion it works alot better. There was one month where I could not afford to get my cymbalta though, and the only withdrawl I went through was that I just wanted to be alone and I wanted to cry alot. I didnt have the zaps in my body or shakes, headaches, sweats, or other withdrawl effects like I did with effexor. If effexor works for you great! but I will never try it again. Happy New Year and good luck to you!!
You have to experiment with Effexor to see what time during the day is best for you.  You say it makes you sleepy, so take it at night.  Everyone responds to medications differently.  Good luck!
I had similar experience as amythist, but without sexual effects.  Effexor made me feel like I was on bad speed.  My mind would not shut off and felt like a pinball.  Also very bad withdrawl effects.  Lexipro is working for me.
I know I started taking effexor XR at night and the doctor quickly told me to take it in the morning.  Not sure why, but it works for me.
I have been on Effexor XR 150 mg for 2 years and take it at night about 9 p.m. It seems to help me rest and then the dosage stays with me when I get up in the morning and throughout the day. I also take Trazadone to help me sleep at night as well.
Just wanted to let you know what has worked for me
Lorri