Anyone switch from Cymbalta successfully to Pristiq?
I'm on week 3 of Pristiq after Cymbalta pooped out on me after 5 successful yrs on it. First tried to switch me to Zoloft and that made me worse (February 2014). Until 3 weeks ago, they tried to add things to the Cymbakta (Abilify, buspar) but it wasn't working (for deoression/anxiety). 3 weeks ago to Pristiq 50mg. The first week I took 30mg Cymbalta then 2nd week and since, no Cymbalta and only Pristiq (still taking buspar & Xanax prn)

I feel I'm noticing small improvements in the past cpl weeks but not back to normal. Today is a rough day with anxiety/adrenaline/agitation. I so want outta this hole and praying it works for me.

Anyone else have success switching to Pristiq?  Would like to hear how long it took for ppl to notice a difference.
Thank you,
Lisa
It took just over a month for me to notice a complete change in my mood.  I would give it more time.  Good luck to you.
Thank you Sara for your reply. I appreciate it! I've been on it (Pristiq 50mg) for 4.5 weeks and not where I want to be yet. I see Pdoc Friday.

Thanks again!
I switched from Prozac to Pristiq when my Prozac pooped out on me after 20 years. I have OCD with panic disorder and was in a bad way with horrible panic and anxiety. The Pristiq worked well but slow. My Doc raised my doses in 50 ml increments until I got up to 200 ml. I felt better little bits at a time but it really kicked in at 200 ml. It goes slow but it does work. Don't give up on it too soon. Don't be afraid to go up in dosage a little bit at a time. I've heard of people going up to 400ml. My doc won't put me up that high though because insurances start to complain. A lot of my anxiety comes with hormonal fluctuations, my next step if I need it will be Abilify. Hoping I won't need to use it but my Doc tells me he's seen great results with it. Hope this helps. Praying for all of you to find the right meds. Heidi