Depression Community
Anyone switch from Cymbalta successfully to Pristiq?

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

I'm on week 3 of Pristiq after Cymbalta pooped out on me after 5 successful yrs on it. First tried to switch me to Zoloft and that made me worse (February 2014). Until 3 weeks ago, they tried to add things to the Cymbakta (Abilify, buspar) but it wasn't working (for deoression/anxiety). 3 weeks ago to Pristiq 50mg. The first week I took 30mg Cymbalta then 2nd week and since, no Cymbalta and only Pristiq (still taking buspar & Xanax prn)

I feel I'm noticing small improvements in the past cpl weeks but not back to normal. Today is a rough day with anxiety/adrenaline/agitation. I so want outta this hole and praying it works for me.

Anyone else have success switching to Pristiq?  Would like to hear how long it took for ppl to notice a difference.
Thank you,
Lisa
It took just over a month for me to notice a complete change in my mood.  I would give it more time.  Good luck to you.
Thank you Sara for your reply. I appreciate it! I've been on it (Pristiq 50mg) for 4.5 weeks and not where I want to be yet. I see Pdoc Friday.

Thanks again!
CARBS!
9 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne DH will be working out of t... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time