Depression Community
Anyone tried Lamictal for depression?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anyone tried Lamictal for depression?

I have some mood cycling issues (I am not bipolar) and so I have tried two different antidepressants. Both made me very manic. My psychiatrist said that Lamictal might be good as it stops the cycling and acts as an antidepressant. What are your experiences with it? Did it help?
I have used lamictal for my bipolar 1 condition. It is a fantastic mood stabiliser especially for those with labile type symptoms. It is 1 of the newer ones they are using and I highly recommend it.
Hi....unfortunately this is the way it goes in trying to find the medication that is going to work for us...trial and error.  This may be the one that works for you and you won't know until you try it. I know it's frustrating but once you find the right one, it will be well worth it!  I hope this helps and stay positive!
When I was in a hospital for post-partum depression the doctor I had tried me on Lamictal but I developed a rash on my arm. My meds were switched that same day after a dose of benadryl.
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time