Can Turrets Syndrome be caused by depression?
So there was this scene in my life that caused me to be very depressed, during this depression I started getting these weird tics, and after a while these tics just got worse and worse. Later I got more control on these tics, and it got better after I wasn't really depressed anymore, but I still get these tics daily, there  not really that bad anymore, but they happen at least once every 1 to 2 hours. Could my depression have caused me to have turrets?
I think they are related

But you could ask, does tourettes cause depression?

You cant say one causes the other
Are you on any medication for the depression? because sometimes anti depressants can cause movement disorders. Talk to your doctor
It sounds annoying
I didn't have these tics until after I had that scene of depression.

*You cant say one causes the other*
I'm not sure what you mean by that, because everything is caused because of something.
I've never taken anti-depressants, and I don't need them, because I'm not really a depressed person, it's because of something that was an extreme that was very painful that caused me to be depressed. It's been a couple years now since this scene happened, and sure I was depressed for some time, probably I would say 6 months. But I've learned how to live with it, and I'm not depressed anymore about this situation I had. And as I got less depressed, I was had less and less tics. But now even having this depression gone, I still get these tics daily, there not that bad, and sometimes I can control, especially when I'm around other people, well when around people there doesn't seem to usually be any tension to have these tics. But I still have the tics and they are annoying. Sometimes if I have a tic that keeps repeating itself that part of the body will start hurting, this is more common to my eye lids and the surroundings.
So I decided to post this same question on Yahoo Answers and found out that it is most like OCD, and I do have OCD http://*****************/question/index?qid=20110213042818AAeq89e

Here what I got from wiki under Tourette Syndrome:
Under Characteristic I found:
"Among patients whose symptoms are severe enough to warrant referral to clinics, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are often associated with Tourette's.[22] Not all persons with Tourette's have ADHD or OCD or other comorbid conditions (co-occurring diagnoses other than Tourette's), although in clinical populations, a high percentage of patients presenting for care do have ADHD.[22][28] One author reports that a ten-year overview of patient records revealed about 40% of patients with Tourette's have "TS-only" or "pure TS", referring to Tourette syndrome in the absence of ADHD, OCD and other disorders.[29][30] Another author reports that 57% of 656 patients presenting with tic disorders had uncomplicated tics, while 43% had tics plus comorbid conditions.[14] "Full-blown Tourette's" is a term used to describe patients who have significant comorbid conditions in addition to tics."

Under Causes I found:
"Non-genetic, environmental, infectious, or psychosocial factors—while not causing Tourette's—can influence its severity.[6] Autoimmune processes may affect tic onset and exacerbation in some cases. In 1998, a team at the US National Institute of Mental Health proposed a hypothesis that both obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) and tic disorders may arise in a subset of children as a result of a poststreptococcal autoimmune process.[37] Children who meet five diagnostic criteria are classified, according to the hypothesis, as having Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections (PANDAS).[38] This contentious hypothesis is the focus of clinical and laboratory research, but remains unproven."

"Some forms of OCD may be genetically linked to Tourette's.[22][42] A subset of OCD is thought to be etiologically related to Tourette's and may be a different expression of the same factors that are important for the expression of tics.[43] The genetic relationship of ADHD to Tourette syndrome, however, has not been fully established."

Under Epidemiology:
"Tourette's is associated with several comorbid conditions, or co-occurring diagnoses, which are often the major source of impairment for an affected child.[22] Among patients whose symptoms are severe enough to warrant referral to specialty Tourette's clinics, only a small minority have no other conditions,[69] and obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are often present.[22][28] In children with Tourette's, ADHD is associated with functional impairment, disruptive behavior, and tic severity. Other comorbid conditions include self-injurious behaviors (SIB), anxiety, depression, personality disorders, oppositional defiant disorder, and conduct disorders.[69] One author reports that a ten-year overview of patient records revealed about 40% of patients with Tourette's have "TS-only" or "pure TS", referring to Tourette syndrome in the absence of ADHD, OCD and other disorders."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome
Here that yahoo one again, since it gave stars.
http://answers[dot]yahoo[dot]com/question/index?qid=20110213042818AAeq89e