Aa
A
A
Close
Can antidepressants cause atrial fibrillation?
My symptoms seemed to begin when i began taking setraline/zoloft. Fast pulse, fast fluttery pulse, slow weak pulse and slow irregular pulse with fast beats in between.
Irregular pulse was noted in the side effect list.

I have since been put on prozac, which i have been on for a few months before without this problem. I have been on it a few weeks now and am still experiencing the pulse issues.

Please advise.

I have had a 24 hr heart monitor but was okay that day typically, i have made a doc app for thurday as this is almost constant, distressing and is limiting my activities as i am constantly tired, breathless and at times feel like I'm running a marathon, although the bisoprolol is helping a good bit.

Thanks Yvonne x
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had lone atrial fibrillation for decades and would experience incidents requiring emergency room care roughly every three months. For the past 10 years I have been taking Lexapro (now 10mg) and Bupropion 150MG sr x 2. 2-3 years ago, I stopped the significant doses of Verapamil I was taking.

I have been symptom free for about 10 years, the entire time I have been taking antidepressants. I have caffeinated drinks, have endured stressful situations and drink a glass or two of wine a day.

Neither of the two electrophysiologists I have seen in that time have seen a similar case but both acknowledge the connection.

I no longer see an electrophysiologist despite having seen electrophysiologists for years.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA