Can't believe it
I am a 36 year old healthy male and everything was going very well in life, about a month ago I developed some form of redness in my eye and went to the bathroom to check out my eye, when doing this I noticed something floating in my eyes, which I now know that it's something normal called "floaters". For some reason I had a panic/anxiety attack about this as I thought that I was having a stroke or something. I thought of my wife and son and really felt scared. It was like a moment of sheer terror. I came out of the bathroom and felt "odd". I asked my wife if we could go for a walk. To make a long story short, I felt "odd" the next day, not like myself and then this sent me into a depression. What happened to me?? FYI: I was always very upbeat and high motivated individual- I did have poor sleeping habits and was only sleeping about 5 hours a night.
So you've gone to the doctor and he's affirmed that it wasn't a stoke and all is well?  I get how things like that can affect you.  They do me sometimes, and then I have to reel myself in.

Look at this very simplistically and realistically.... It was not a stroke, and your not going to die of this today.  It happened, it is over and it is not the worst case scenario that you made to out to be...  Be thankful, and enjoy your life, wife and son every second of every day.

About feeling depressed.  See your general physician for starters.  Tell him/her the whole story, pulling no punches and he/she will be able to point you in the right direction to a professional that can give you a hand.
Thanks brice, solid advice.
I must mention that this happened to once before after a panic attack back in 99. For some reason I felt weird after this and I was in a depression for about 5 months before it "lifted". Back then I was also generally happy and not sure why this happens. The best way I can describe it is that it's like a spell of some sort after the panic attack that sends me into a depression without me having anything obvious for me to be sad about. This has led me to believe that there is a big sleep/depression connection as that has been my bad habit all these years and now a believer that you can become "chemically imbalanced". I just started taking Celexa in hopes of getting back to myself quicker since I believe I also had a touch of depersonalization after these two "traumatic" events.
I would go back to the doctor and get it checked out I've never heard of that
Never heard of what? Lots of topics before your post to pick from.