Aa
A
A
Close
484508 tn?1290014144
Celexa and dizziness
The good news is that I believe the Celexa is helping the anxiety and depression. Been on it about 2 and a half weeks. Started at 5 mg, and worked up to 20 mg about 4 days ago.

I notice that i am dizzy and lightheaded most of the day. I get some relief when i inline skate. Is the dizziness a symptom that will go away...also some insomnia. I don't want to stop taking this because I feel ok about the drug and the relief of depression and anxiety.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
484508 tn?1290014144
addendum---I was also prescribed Trazadone for sleep. And it just occured to me that I started to feel dizzy in the am after I took a Trazodone 50 mg. Perhaps the Trazadone is the dizziness culprit and not the Celexa.....Interested to see what you folks think,
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i take celexa 20 mg i have never felt any dizziness, so it might be the trazadone but everyone is different and react to medication differently.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I was taking Celexa for a while and did have a few side effects that were a bit bothersome. The dizziness was one of them along with constipation and almost no sex drive. The dizziness seemed to taper off over a little bit of time though. I'm glad to hear that it's a least helping your problems with depression and anxiety though. Talk to your doctor if the side effects don't go away because there might be a better medication for you that can help you but, not give you the dizziness. I also take trazadone  to help me sleep and when I do take it I seem to have a lot of dizziness as well so I try not to take it unless I really can't sleep. Good Luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Green Tea and Green T...
2 hrs ago
Blank
Dr Hook
4 hrs ago by AnxiousNoMore
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
5 hrs ago
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
1551327 tn?1479328116
Blank
Tompkinsville, KY
1415482 tn?1459706314