Cipralex 10mg side effects
Dear Madam/ Sir

I am a 33 years old man. I am taking cipralex 10mg, 1 tablet each night, for the last four years. I have improved a lot on my depression after having it for two years and I tried to gradually stop taking it. When I stopped, I was fine for six months but my depression suddenly started again. I restarted taking cipralex 10 mg one each night and I improved quickly. Now it is four years that I am taking it. I now want to stop it because I am having very decreased sixual drive. So my question is that, Will my sexual drive improve when I stop taking cipralex?

Regards,
Your sex drive should improve when you discontinue the cipralex; however, (based on you history) you run the risk of the depression returning. I had the same problem with cipralex (aka lexapro), and the depression came back 6 months after stopping it because of the sexual side-effect. There are other antidepressants that have less of an effect on sex drive. I had no problems with sex drive when I was on Prozac, and Wellbutrin has no sexual side-effects or weight gain. You should speak to your doctor about the risks / benefits of stopping the cipralex. He/she may recommend adding a small dose of Wellbutrin to see if that will help with the decreased libido or try switching you to another SSRI to see if that helps.
i am a 22 year old girl whos been on cipralex for almost 1 year now. i started taking it after i almost got raped five years ago. i tried to live on without antidepression pills but i lost that battle. the depression got a hold of me and broke me down. i still have my "darker" days. especially when i stress or during winter. now i feel that its coming back because of the most annoying side-effect of all: gaining weight. my question is: how can i go on antidepressives and loose weight? the problem is that i have a seriouse lack of energy and motivation (also side effects) and for some reason im not able to loose alot of weight when i finally deside to work out.

help!?