Depression Community
Cipralex

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Cipralex

My doctor today put me on "Cipraflex" 10MG. Some of the symptoms Ive been feeling lately are : Tired/Fatigue, Bad Memory, Depressed, Cold Feet, Shortness Of Breath, Headaches, Frequent urination. My doc said he wants to try this medication out for a month and see if it helps, if it does continue for another 7-8 months. Can anybody give me advice? is this medication any good? what to expect? do these symptoms clearly suggest Depression? I thought I had a underactive thyroid since it runs in the family. I also got blood work done last november that said my thyroid was indeed underactive but my doc issued another blood test 2 weeks ago (Mid march) and it now says my thyroid is fine.
Thanks alot
Avatar n tn
Can anybody help me?
I have never heard of "Cipraflex" but I was on "Cipramill" and it takes a good 2-3 weeks for the effects to kick in. If possible I would see a thyroid specialist or an endocrinologist and have all of the proper tests taken. The cold feet sound like a symptom for an underactive thyroid. Blood tests can have different reactions on different days, I would definitely get a second opinion.

Good Luck
I don't know how you were told to take the cipralex, but it is at least probably best to take it in the morning. It's not one you're supposed to get tired of. You might want to read the leaflet of it too. That's always a good idea.
I agree on the thyroid test suggested above. That's one of the first things that should be checked, even if not all depression has to be genetic or "run in the family".

Have you read here in MedHelp about Depression? You might want to go to the health topics :-)

Florena
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
1 hr ago
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
opus88 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time