Depression Community
Compulsion to pick Callus on Big Toe

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Compulsion to pick Callus on Big Toe

Hi, I have had a problem with my right foot big toe. I have got a callus from wearing Poor footwear in the past and i developed what I can only describe as a throb underneath the callus. It drives me crazy and the only relief I can get is if I pick the callus until I get down a few layers and cause pain. When I can get the pain it is instant relief. Rubbing my foot on carpet to cause burning also works. It hurts for a while then the compulsion goes away and I forget about it. I have had this for years and it is not by any means a regular thing but when the throb comes it is really hard to forget. I've had my toe bleed and evenboughtone of those pedicure knives to just shave off skin to get down to the "source of the throb". Could this be a nerve issue? I would like it to stop as it weirds me out :) any thoughts?
gymdandee commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
1 hr ago
KTowne uploaded new photos
KTowne This pregnancy is going by ... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time