Aa
A
A
Close
Confusion and fear in the night
I have been taking Lexapro 10 mg for almost a year. Sometimes I just take 5 mg because I feel so miserably lethargic in the morning. On a few occasions I have woke in the night a bit confused. Most of the time, I just can't remember what the next day is and what I am suppose to do when in the morning. But I have had two especially disturbing times. One was when I woke and was frightened that there was a man (my husband) in my bed. I jumped out of bed and would have run, but I realized that my thinking was wrong. Sounds funny, but at the time I was terrified. For about five minutes, I stood on the side of the bed trying to process what was going on. It took longer to relax and go back to sleep.  The next time I woke up frightened because I didn't know where I was. This wasn't just feeling disoriented. I felt like I was in a dangerous place and like I needed to run. Again, it took a two or three minutes before I could figure things out and go back to sleep after the frightening feelings left. I don't recall any dreams.Though, I have had disturbing dreams in the past, I have always known what is real and feel relief when awake. The prolonged fear is what bothers me. (Just so you know, I have a very happy and loving family.) Could this be because of the Lexapro or is my mind just really disturbed?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Yes, it could be because of the Lexapro. All meds can come with side effects and this could be a possible side effect you're having from this med. I also take Lexapro, a very small dose because it makes me tired sometimes. I've never experienced what you're going through though. I would recommend talking to your Dr about what's going on. You may need to switch to a different med.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
12940884 tn?1467239127
Blank
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
13 hrs ago
406584 tn?1399591666