Depression Community
Confusion and fear in the night

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Confusion and fear in the night

I have been taking Lexapro 10 mg for almost a year. Sometimes I just take 5 mg because I feel so miserably lethargic in the morning. On a few occasions I have woke in the night a bit confused. Most of the time, I just can't remember what the next day is and what I am suppose to do when in the morning. But I have had two especially disturbing times. One was when I woke and was frightened that there was a man (my husband) in my bed. I jumped out of bed and would have run, but I realized that my thinking was wrong. Sounds funny, but at the time I was terrified. For about five minutes, I stood on the side of the bed trying to process what was going on. It took longer to relax and go back to sleep.  The next time I woke up frightened because I didn't know where I was. This wasn't just feeling disoriented. I felt like I was in a dangerous place and like I needed to run. Again, it took a two or three minutes before I could figure things out and go back to sleep after the frightening feelings left. I don't recall any dreams.Though, I have had disturbing dreams in the past, I have always known what is real and feel relief when awake. The prolonged fear is what bothers me. (Just so you know, I have a very happy and loving family.) Could this be because of the Lexapro or is my mind just really disturbed?
Yes, it could be because of the Lexapro. All meds can come with side effects and this could be a possible side effect you're having from this med. I also take Lexapro, a very small dose because it makes me tired sometimes. I've never experienced what you're going through though. I would recommend talking to your Dr about what's going on. You may need to switch to a different med.
newyorklover001 joined this community
Welcome them!
newyorklover001 joined this community
Welcome them!
Health Insurance Companies Seek Big...
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time