Cymbalta Withdrawal and High Blood Pressure
Hello everyone. I had to fast taper via my doctor from 120mg of Cymbalta in 4 weeks (I have been on 60mg for a year and 120mg for 2 months) due to urinary retention.. I am off the drug right now, but still going through the withdrawal. I can handle the nausea, zaps, headaches, but my blood pressure has been spiking, especially when angered. This is very uncomfortable for me.. the high blood pressure was documented by my nurse, but apparently it was not high enough because they let me leave the office. It's been over a week, and although I still have withdrawal symptoms, my blood pressure is still spiking.. Will it ever stop?  It cured my major depression episode, which is great.. but will I live to tell about it?!
How do you know your BP is spiking?  Are you monitoring it at home, and if so what have your readings been?  If it wasn't high enough at the doctors for them to do anything about it....then maybe it's not spiking that high. Knowing your numbers would help, and if you know it spikes when you are angered, work at staying as calm as you can.  Anger can be a symptom of depression, you may want to discuss this with your doctor.  
It's been high for a week now.  I checked it a few times at those pharmacy blood pressure machines. The readings are generally the same, 130/94.
I called my doctor today and he put me back on Cymbalta at 30mg for now, I have an appointment with him in a week. I was experiencing some extreme agitation in my chest area as well..

I'm sensitive to bodily changes. Feeling my brood pressure rise is one of them..