Depression Community
Cymbalta caused hallucinations

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Cymbalta caused hallucinations

i was placed on Cybalta some time ago and it seemed to be the catalyst for hallucinations.  I would like to know if ther is another medication that i could possibly take, antidepressant, that works both for generalized anxiety and depression, that i could take along with Geodon, that might be less likely to cause hallucinations under Geodon.  i was on the lowest Cybalta dose.  

thank you
i had halucinatios on 90 mg dropped to 60 and still had them.
was on 30 and fine although tapered off and am off for a week and still have zaps!
bad drug
I  take 120mg of cymbalta for years no such luck must be something else
Sometimes symptoms such as hallucinations show up when you start a med but it is just a coincidence, not caused by the drug. I have taken up to 120mg of Cymbalta and never had hallucinations and I have never heard of anyone having hallucinations caused by Cymbalta. I looked it up in a PDR and hallucinations are not mentioned, not even one case. You will probably need an antipsychotic for the hallucinations if you continue to have them even when off Cymbalta.
It is obvious you do not know what you are talking about. Among a research of about 4 thousand, approximately 600 reported  having hallucinations. In addition, when doing the research, we are not the only individuals who have experienced this with Cymbalta. It is not a coincidence and we do not need antipsychotic drugs. Please, do better research next time.
my doc insisted it does not cause hallucinations.. well he was not listening to me.  it is not colors or seeing micky mouse! it's not like Acid or mushrooms...

olefactory :  often thought i smelled things burning.
one time i turned around to make sure the lamp was not on fire!

seeing big shadows.. out of the corner of my eye.. like the size of a hedge hog, or large mouse running along the base board of the floor.  small shadows like a leaf or spider size  things off to the side while washing dishes etc...

hearing.. like whispers low talking coming from upstairs when no one was home..

I have been OFF of Cymbalta for 4 months now.  feel great (except my pain issue)
took me a good 6 weeks to get off totally and feel myself.

i was taking it for chronic pain. didn't help with that at all.
made me more emotional, confused,no libido depressed. no appetite. was down to 102 lbs!

i have never taken antidepressants before.

when i told the doc, about symptoms he didn't believe me.

i think i was having seratonin syndrome.

they did not help me to get off it. i did it over a period of less than 5 months.. from 90  to 60 for maybe 3 weeks,,no real  zaps  a little all ok  . then when i went down  to 30 and got the brain zaps and withdrawal. waited it out and  that settled down and stayed on 30mg  for 2+ months..?

i had to divide the grainuals  to make an approx half dose of 15mg from the 30mg pill.
for 5 days  took the half every day.
then half every other day for maybe 3 days and then quit .  was very agitated, emotional, jittery, confused  and the shadows slowed and the jitters slowed and  3- 4 weeks after that i felt sooooooo much better.
Can you cite the reference for the study? I goggled cymbalta side effects and hallucinations came up in personal blogs and forums, so personal experiences. I checked FDA and found hallucinations mentioned in relationship to having Serotonin Syndrome but not anywhere else. I checked an online PDR - rxlist and found research with 3779 people with MDD with no mention of hallucinations. Drugs.com also no mention of hallucinations.

I did not say it could not be Cymbalta causing hallucinations, I said the PDR didn't include hallucinations. I said I didn't have hallucinations. I have now done more research. Where is yours?

gymdandee commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
specialmom commented on Individuals with soci...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time