Depression Community
Cymbalta withdrawal

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Cymbalta withdrawal

How long does it take for the withdrawal symptons to go away?  I got off Cymbalta 5/31 and had severe reactions, my dr put me on Prosac for six weeks, it  helped.  But I have been off Prosac since 7/25 and am still having some pretty bad withdrawal symptons.  Head and body aches, electric shocks, paranoia, my feet hurt really bad, it's hard to walk on them and my ankles swell every day.  Does it ever get any better?
I wish I could help, but all I can say is, "Me too". I don't know, maybe that helps to know you're not alone.
Tim
I would have thought 4-6 weeks was about the time it took to get rid of withdrawal symptoms. Your symptoms sound strange, and I think you should see a doctor.  Hard to believe feet swell up because of withdrawal from anti-depressant.

Are you experiencing depression again?  I had many physical problems when I was deeply depressed.  On medication I am fine both mentally and physically.  It would be interesting to know if others have had this foot problem.
Hello- I was on cymbalta for about 6 months and tapered down too quickly. I had auditory hallucinations of scratching noises (like a cat in a litter box) but it was all over the house, and if realized it was only when my eyes or head were in certain positions...I also was very tired and had the poops really bad.... it took 6-8 weeks before they were totally gone...

I have bad aniety attacks that stays with me all day, lost my job last year, Drs or making me stress,  took zoloft, paxil, lexepro had sideeffects from all, ativan worked for the attacks but instill of the dr increaseing the dose he put me on xanax low dose, me trusting him took it for two years started have attacks again when to a different ER and was told i was going through withdraws i was shock to learn this even thou i was takeing the meds daily, now i don't trust the Dr. was told i needed to come off the xanax i have not taking anything for the last few months but still few bad, they now say i have low thyroid which could be causing some of my problems, waiting for App. with this dr. called dr. about attack which was so bad, and she wanted me to take XANAX LOL!! and she was the one who told me to stop taking them. now who do i trust. so she gave me Cexlia and said they have no side effects and or nt habit forming with no withdraw, HA HA!!
I don't know what to do!!!!   Help !!!! i know i need to find a new DR. Again!! iam not depress no problems at home normal life  and everyday things.  About to take a Xanax!! so i can feel like im alive. do you feel this the right thing to do helllppp  
I've been off effexor going cold turkey now for eight months and still got symptoms of
withdrawal insomnia at present. Symptoms will change and come and go old ones will be replaced with new ones it's not an easy road but you can and will get through this !!
It's not the tablets it's what they have done to your body and your brain, your brain does not like sudden change and the withdrawals are your body and mind trying to heal it self
you may find your gut is also effected as we store serotonin in our gut.
Take no notice of people who say this takes a few weeks for they no not what they are talking about !!! My support group Cita who are on the web say the first twelve months is convalescent. As they time is a great healer just be kind to yourself take it all in your
stride and think and believe this will end and it will and your not going mad.
When we go on these tablets it shuts down adrenaline production but when we come off
them it goes awol and we produce too much and so we get anxiety/depression we get
palpitations these are withdrawal symptoms. Remember though we are all individuals and our effected differently and symptoms are individual also the time for them depends on how long you were on them.
Take care
and Remember you can and will get through this and you will get the old you back isn't that wonderful !!!!
Love
Lorraine
XX
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
7 hrs ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
8 hrs ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
8 hrs ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time