Depression Community
Cymbalta

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Cymbalta

slowly withdrawing fomr Cymbalta -- had been at 60mg for a few months, and have taken another few months to get off after gaining 10 pounds and recognizing that the gain came from the pills.  I am experiencing electrical shocks running through my body, shooting across my brain, in seconds, but over and over. Should i take some grains of Cymbalata to alleviate these symptoms?
I stopped Cymbalta cold turkey 1 month ago.. I had taken it for 5-6 months... The brain zaps, what you are describing as electrical shocks running thru your body and brain, lasted for 3 weeks. Now I'm brain zaps free. The withdrawal torture can last for 1 month maybe a bit more depending on how long you've been on the medication. Anyway slowly tappering is always a good option but you will endure less intense withdrawal symptoms but for a much longer period of time compared to a cold turkey withdrawal which not as dangerous as a benzodizepine's cold turkey withdrawal since it haves no anti-convulsive propriety.

What I did to alleviate the symptoms during my cold turkey withdrawal was to avoid **** intense activity like walking which required my eyes and head to move all around. The brain zaps are often triggered by a change in perception like moving your head to look to cross the street will almost all the time trigger a brain zap. So what I did was watching TV and avoiding walking. Rest is the key.

If you take some grains of Cymbalta to alleviate the symptoms you are only delaying your withdrawal. It's a personal choice tho... max 1 month of intense torture or 5 months of more or less intense torture. It's up to you.

M4
This is different for different people.  Withdrawal from ssris and snris can be long term, short term, or no term.  It depends on the person, how long you've been on it, your age, and things nobody understands.  Tapering slowly off is always safest, since it lessens the chance for long-term problems and developing new emotional problems you never had before.  But even slow tapers leave many people with some withdrawal effects, so your choice is to go back on and taper even more slowly or wait it out.  Fish oil is said to help with the brain zaps.
Jesus what have i done
5 hrs ago by dragrat
Moejordan commented on HIV Risk In Perspecti...
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time