Depression Community
Depressed

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Depressed

Anyone know how to get on insurance if u dont have a huge income nor a job? I am a student, but i havent been on meds for a few yrs now and its affecting my decision making, school work and relationships I feel really helpless at this point. Ive been depressed for 3 yrs now and honestly im sick of it
I have a couple of suggestions. You can pay for your own insurance. At your age it will be pretty inexpensive.
You can see a Dr and explain that you have no insurance. Some Drs will give you a reduced rate. Depending on what med you were prescribed, it may cost next to nothing. Many antidepressants are generic and cost around $4.00 a month.
Being a student you probably have a low income. I would check with the county offices and ask if you are eligible for medicaid/medical assistance. It will pay for medical visits, hospitalization and very low cost for medicines. If you have to pay for your own insurance then go to an insurance agent that deals with medical coverage. They usually have several companies they work for and will help you find the one with the least cost. I am assuming you are in the US and here you are no longer penalized for a pre-existing condition.
Raspberry_belle uploaded new photos
46 mins ago
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on Hollus's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time