Depressed
Im 16 and feel as though I mught be extremely depressed. My bestfriend suffers from depression and from her view point has told me in the past that she see's me becoming depressed. Because of last night she definetly says I am and wants me to talk to my social worker at school. Until last night i've felt suicidal for awhile, always wanting to die and thinking of ways but never attempted to kill myself only self harm in hidden places.  Last night I was at my lowest point, i took a bus to the bridge in my city and was ready to jump. After knowing something was up because i was indirectingly saying my goodbyes to her she asked me where i was, she basically talked me out of it and the only reason i havent commited suicide is because i see it was being selfish as to what it would do to her and my family and since im already dead inside I know i wont attempt to kill myself again because my friend said she would too.

MY QUESTION:  Now shes the only one who really knows whats going on with me. my parents CAN NOT FIND OUT THAT I "MIGHT" BE DEPRESSED. I want to tell my social worker that i think im depressed and if i am i want to know if i can be perscribed medication all without my parents finding out. Im 16 and want to know if a social worker/doctort/anyone who you would speak to about being depressed will tell my parents? i know that for sure they have too if they think im in danger to myself or someone else but IM NOT TELLING HER ABOUT MY SUICIDAL ATTEMPT and when asked tell her i have suicidal thoughts but i know i wouldnt kill myself
WILL I BE ABLE TO GET HELP WHILE IT STAYS CONFIDENTIAL? thankyou
they are not allowed to tell your parents, but unless it is through school you would have to pay and your parents have to give consent for insurance.  Also, your parents have to give consent for any medication you may need.  If I can ask, why can't your parents know you may have depression
?  if you want to talk further just friend me and send me a message.  I would be more then happy to help you in any way I can.  I also have bi-polar, but I also have a degree in psychology.  Hope to hear from you.,