Depression, Meds, & Pregnancy. How do you make it work?
I am on an antidepressant and adhd medication (adderall).  I have a h/x of depression and I don't think it is fully treated or I am at the age where it may be becoming more pronounced.  I am in my late 20's and I want to have children but my obgyn always reminds me that I will have to come off of my meds when I start trying to conceive, during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding.  Due to the number of depressive episodes I have had I am going to be on meds for the rest of my life.  I am just one of "those people" - ugh! How did anyone else out there handle this situation?! No one ever seems to talk about this and I know I am not the only one out there that has had to deal with/ think about this situation.  Who knows how long it will take me to conceive; and then pregnancy + breastfeeding = 2 years.  And I would like to have more than one child.  It's just really overwhelming to think about how all of this will work out.  I also work and unfortunately it is not the type of job you can stop and start up again.  

* Please no comments about the adderall being bad for me or anythign like that.  I have heard and read it all so I know and I have done my due diligence to make sure this was the best thing for me.  I take a low dose and always have and always will.  I actually do have adhd and I have gotten several opinions regarding this.  Adderall seemed to be the medication that worked best for me.  I still have to manage my adhd symptoms to some degree but the medication enables me to actually be successful in managing the symptoms - if that makes sense.