Depression and loss of appetite
Hi.    I have over the last few weeks just been not feeling well.   I have been having a lot of stomach issues, and am also very anxious.     Whereas I always used to fall right asleep at night, I always wake up now.  I also have a complete loss of appetite.     I am being evaluated by a GI dr too, but I am also wondering can this all be depression/anxiety?   Can depression/anxiety completely take away your desire for food.   Like sometimes my stomach may feel like like its rumbling, but I don't feel like I have that craving for food, or that "give me food now" feeling.   Just curious.   Thanks for any advice you can give.
hi can i ask you when you say your of your food ,.
is there anything you are eating ,?
and have you lost any weight ,.?
do you feel tired ,.are you ok with been of you food in the way you feel in youself ,.
There can be many bizzar symptoms to severe depression and anxiety. Loss of appitite being one that is very common.

I can only speak for myself in that when I first started to experience symptoms of severe depression and anxiety that I lost 40Lbs because I was so upset that I had completly lost my appitite. I am a man and only weighed 165 to begin with so this was quite a weight loss for me. I just couldn't eat. I was so damn anxious and racked with fear and unknown panic that I had no appitite. (along with the complete loss of desire to partisipate in things I used to enjoy)

Not saying that loss of appitite in itself means that your suffering from depression and anxiety dissorder. Just saying that yes, it is one of the symptoms.

There are also a whole host of other comon symptoms that acompany this condition.

My depression was (I believe) first fueled by my panic attacks, which at the time I had no clue what they were or what I was experiencing. To me it kind of felt like a massive fear that was so intense that it made me feel disattached from my body or unconnected in a strange way I have not words to describe. It was very scary and later developed into very severe depression.

I think for each of us that sufferes this condition we experience it is a slightly different way. Some people suffer depression without anxiety, and vice versa. Some people eat more when depressed.

Most often depression and anxiety are like two peas in a pod. They fuel each other. One feeding off the other to make life hell on earth for the sufferer.

Although, they can often start alone, and later manifest into a combined dissorder.

Honestly, much of it is a psychological and neurological mystery. Even experts in the feild of mental health have very little scientific fact as to why this condition happens and what it's exact causes are. They have theroys, but that's about it.

The human brain is so infinitly complex that it may be several decades before mental illnesses such as major depression are fully understood. maybe even more than 100 years.

One thing for sure is the fact that more is being learned everyday. The chemistry of the human brain is getting closer to being unlocked. Just hope I am around to see this day so I can live my life free again.
sorry ctgirl750,..,i would just like to say to hensley258 ,if its ok ,.
when you came of your food did you physical said of you suffer also ,.??
and if it did can you tell me in what way ?,
Your English is a little broken, but I think I know what your asking....... The answer is Oh Hell yes! I suffer in ways that are very physical in nature from my Severe depression and anxiety.

For me it is a cronic condition. It can often make my body literally tremble from the core to every extremity. It makes me dizzy, vertigo, and my head feels like it is actually being crushed in a vice. I mean it really feels like that in a physical way, not just mental.

It often makes my head and body feel very heavy. Kind of like it is being sucked into the ground by some unknown force. It really is a very terrifiying sensation. Kind of feels like your going to go insane, yet for some reason your still not dead from it.

Yes, that is how bad it can be for people who have this condition in a very severe and cronic way.

It is no joke, and if you have it this bad and fail to get the best of treatment it can destroy your life.

I am just giving you an example of this condition at it's very worst and most severe state. This is my world and many people do not experience their depression in such a neurological manner, but some that have it really bad do.
When my illness started it was exactly like that.  Couldnt sleep couldnt eat.  Be careful, I went down hill very quickly because I didnt realise what was going on.

I mean get your stomache checked and all but be aware that these are classic depression/anxiety symptoms and are treatable.