Depression Community
Depression during pregnancy

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Depression during pregnancy

Im 20 weeks pregnant and suffering from horrible depression. I have a family history of depression. Ive tried talking to my doctor about it and she told me that because the pills I was on last summer didnt work that she wasnt going to put me on anything thats safe during pregnancy because it may not effect me. Ugh. Its getting to the point where I cant sleep, eat, or have a life without wanting to cry or hurt myself. What do I do?!!
please take it easy. sometimes is mental just think about the innocent baby thats growing inside of you! im kind of depressed too because of my loss with my first baby and the holidays coming so all that is very overwhelming plus worries about my pregnancy! and wanting everything to be ok and missing my angel!  but im trying to be strong and think about that my baby is almost here and i pray to god to give me peace of mind!. Please take of yourself and the baby..ur in my prayers..let me how you feeling..
Hi Chelsea,

Your doctor is not being honest with you. There are good anti depressants that do not interfere with the groth and birth of a child. See another doc please as having a child when depressed will make it worse for you and affect your child unless it lifts immediately the baby is born.

I despair of such doctors who tell their patients this sort of rubbish when they don't have to suffer what you are.

Get a good doc and get the relief you need. Please.
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
1 hr ago
T Spine Dumbbell Twist | Trunk Rota...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
21 hrs ago by gymdandee
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time