Depression Community
Depression with agitation & anxiety

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Depression with agitation & anxiety

I am a 58 yr old divorced woman and have suffered from depression, anxiety, agitation since I was a child...never diagnosed until in my 30s.  I have been taking Paxil 20 - 40 mgs daily (was at 20mg for a long time, then the md rx 30 then 40 I have gone back and forth) since 1990. the only reason on paxil because it was the only one i could tolerate.  Took Zoloft at  lower dose it felt like it was really helping my mood, more elevated and less agitated.  As soon as the MD would begin increasing the dosage, past 50 mgs, I would become nauseos, flu like symptoms Md tried many different meds.  I now take flexoril and lorazepam at night to sleep (have insomnia, oseoarthritis and low back problems).  My question at this point is this.   I have a lot of stress in my life, and have for last 10 years...I have always been unable to handle stress, even when younger.  Bad temper, and easily agited still.  I go through times of deeper depression and then seem much better for awhile, always staying on the Paxil.  Should I ask md to add Zoloft with the Paxil?  I tried weaning from Paxil twice over last 5 years.  Each time I would decrease I could not stop crying.  I want to try another med with the Paxil...what do you suggest?  I am highly sensitive to meds.  Need to find a med or mix of meds that will ease the agitation, quick temper, depression and sadness and anxiety....really need help here...effecting my work, losing temper, easily agitated.
Please advise...anyone out there with similar issues?  Oh, also I have Adult ADHD, but take nothing for it.  Tried Ritalin, and the other med, stimulant, street drug, forget the name.  Those meds increase my agitation and anxiety.
I think you need to treat the ADHD. Have you tryed Stratera (Strattera)? My friend who is 27 says it is the BEST!
opus88 commented on READY
1 hr ago
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
10356 commented on READY
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time