Aa
A
A
Close
Detached and surreal sense of existence
Hello all. Because I find it stressful on itself to type on a phone, I will keep this short. I'm 18 years old, have already been to a psych ward and have been diagnosed with major depression, anxiety disorder and agoraphobia. I am scared to death (no pun intended) of living. This existence doesn't make any sense to me and everything in my environment looks frightening and grim. Small details like clouds for example spark extreme fear and hopelessness. I can't seem to understand any purpose to anything, to me we all seem to be just a terrible dream. I want to cry, but can't. Help? :(
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
794366 tn?1418012995
You poor thing. All these thoughts that you are experiencing are due to depression and anxiety. I know I have had them since childhood and am 50y/o now. The littlest things used to freak me out, the sights, the sounds, etc. Who I was, was I really here? All those thoughts can make you go bonkers. I wonder if you are on the right meds, or if you have the right doc.
You are still so young and have not been given a chance to live life because of these mind distortions. I hope you are in counseling and/or in a group.
At least you have us here. You are not crazy, you will make it through this terrible patch in your life. Hold on to life because it is real.
We are here for you anytime,
Angela
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
12940884 tn?1474127738
Blank
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank