Depression Community
Do I need help?

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Do I need help?

the last two years have been tough. Ive lost people close to me and also struggled with self worth issues. recently I did something that was out of character and how I feel like Ive totally lost my way. I'm not acting like myself and the worst thing is the person I trusted, has let me down and turned out to be a total jerk. I don't know what I feel anymore, Sometimes I really hate myself, sometimes I feel like I just cant take anymore. I try to put on a front with everyone because I feel like I shouldnt bother them with my issues. I don't know if I am depressed or need some help? has anyone felt the same way?
Hi misha, ive felt this throughout my life and have come to the conclusion that i am my own best friend. I can always count on me for the best advise and also have learned to trust my judgement that has come from the school of hard knocks. In many ways we look to others for reinforcement, validation and stability but life has taught me that people and things come and go but one thing that has always been there is me.
Your just fine and only others have let you down. Just move on and create your own life and the beauty of this is you will then be able to share a wonderful thing with others which is yourself!
It would be strange if you were not depressed by all these things that happened to you. I definitly think you should se a psychologist. Not because there is something wrong with you but because everyone deserves to have someone to talk to and to rely on.
I went to a psychologist once a week for one year. It gave me a lot and made me a lot stronger. I know myself better and during the time I was depressed it was a big relife to have someone who understood me, was on my side and also widened my perspective.
Both Cecilia and Life are completely right :)  
And if you'd ever like someone to talk to, feel free to message; I'll be here for you if you want :)
Paxiled commented on Foods You’re Throwing...
Paxiled commented on Burn Belly Fat with T...
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time