Doctor tommorow, advice needed now
I posted before, I can't name all I've been on but remeber Prozac, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, Effexor (Oh God, withdrawls..never again), Remeron (eternal sleep even when awake). Have done some recent research and the crowd points a lot to Zoloft, Lexapro and Celexa. 5 months ago I went off all meds. I've been dealing with a rough year due to divorce. I recently retired (still young though) and simply don't have a lot going on in life. The problem: I'm just so sad all the time and don't laugh or feel the joy like I used to, I have no get up and go in the morning and  though I may wake at 6:30 I feel like; Why get up? Then during the day I'm motivated to do nothing when once I was always at the gym or doing something healthy. I NEED all that back. I take Klonopin and have for years for the anxiety and control my doses pretty well but I need that med that is going to pull me out of this depression (I know what it is). Please respond guys and gals. I know everyone is different but a lot of times you read into one drug and see a lot of similiar healthy helpers. I want to be the one to recommend to the doc (who is a family practitioner, not a Psyc) this time.
So here is the info: Those other meds when I was on them weren't miracle drugs- but that said I certainly didn't feel this bad. So do I go back on what I was on
Do I take a shot at Zoloft, Lexapro or Celexa...all which I have not tried. I do not want to gain weight. I was on Remeron 3 weeks and gained 10 pounds...an no not from the gym and still haven't been able to shed it in 5 months.
Keep this in mind- I'll give anything a try rather then feel as hopeless and unliving as this.
Open floor, thank you'all
I was given Celexa, but because of an interaction with my HBP medication, I found that I can't take it.

I've been on Effexor and Wellbutrin, but not any of the others you have mentioned.

My wife was on Zoloft many years ago, and said it always made her feel spaced out all the time.

I would research the three you mentioned, including the side effects and interactions with any other medications you may be taking, and see what best fits you.
Happy Holidays..been off here a while. I went with Cymbalta, 15mg then it goes to 60mg. Don't remember how effective it was before but I have to start someplace. I think it's 2-4 weeks for full effect on most anyway?
I stand by my medicine and I couldn't live without it.  That being said, it alone will not keep you out of depression.  It can take the edge off and that's great but the rest is thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.  I'm sure you have heard that often when people retire they fall into depression.  Even those who have never had bad depression before.  It is because it gets you out of your routine and takes away most people's self worth.  If you find this to be the case I would recommend volunteering, if you can, or taking up a new hobby.  You are likely great at something and now you have the freedom to go for it.

Good Luck