Does Effexor xr make you lose weight?
weight loss anyone?
Effexor doesn't cause weight loss.
I am on the other end of the scale.  I find Effexor makes me crave carbohydrates, and I have put on lots of weight.  I came off it because of this, lost all the weight, but depression came back.  

I am on the generic form of Effexor, and the weight went back on.  Wish I could lose weight.  I am trying!!

google it on a respectable site,there is loads of information on effexor xr.All the best.
Hey..

I was on Effexor for a year....at first, the nausea made me lose a couple of pounds.  Then I went from 115 lbs to 165 lbs!!!  In addition to that, I had an extreme breakout of acne/rosacea...had to stop taking it.

It is a good antidepressant I guess....Maddie is doing well on it....but backfired on me after about 6 months...it was a gradual thing...weight gain was just one of the unacceptable side effects....
I think depression can cause a lot of health problems.  One that is very common is inability to sleep.   Weight loss is up there as well as weight gain.  Anti depression meds can cause a variety of symptoms but from what I read its a minority of people.  Hang in there and don't be afraid to tell whoever is prescribing it and ask for a change of some kind (Dose or the type of drug)