Depression Community
Does Going Back on Effexor Help?

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Does Going Back on Effexor Help?

I stopped taking Effexor almost a year ago but still am experiencing withdrawal effects including agitation and anger.  Does anyone know if going back on (preferably a low dose) eliminates these?
i'm sorry you are still feeling bad.  I am just under 2 weeks off effexor and i feel like i am losing my mind.  But i have heard thats expected.  But a year off and you are still struggling?  At this point, if I do start feeling better soon, I may need to get on something else too, but It will not be effexor again.  There are many other ones out there if you think u need one, but I personally wouldn't get back on effexor.  Did you have a hard time getting off it?  I sure am and would hate for you to be back to where I am at right now.  Thats just my thoughts on it, but you need to do what is best for you.  Did you try maybe talking about the anger instead? Maybe it is a sign that something in your life needs to change?  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  I hope you start feeling better soon:)
Hi I came off effexor cold turkey and i got through it but i did suffer have just reduced dolsulipinin the middle of April. So i understand what you mean your up and down your brain chemistry is altered. There is no quick fix unfortunately you can take 5HTP which will help you can go up to 400 mg's aday for withdrawal if you take it of a morning it converts to seretonin if you take it of a night converts to melatonin. Also avenus sativa helps with anxiety your agitation will be adrenalin over load. Take 20 drops of A/S 3 times a day will calm you.
DON't GO BACK !! Starting it again opens up the addiction again and second time round on pills is not good and will not get rid of withdrawal !!
Well done for getting off !! Its an evil drug!!
It takes our brain receptos a few years to get back to normal everything is sensitized and magnified but being kind to ourselves is what is needed WE WILL HEAL !!
God Bless
Lorraine xx
Considering the half life of Effexor of 5 hours, in 25 hours it would be completely out of your system. Withdrawal from it could last a couple of weeks but it is unlikely to last any longer. Your anger and agitation are unlikely to be withdrawal symptoms ... it is more likely that your normal state of functioning due to a lack of the chemicals for neuroreceptors is the cause.
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Belle313 * Comment
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time