Depression Community
Drowsiness from zoloft in first week?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Drowsiness from zoloft in first week?

I am looking for other people's experiences with drowsiness from zoloft.  I was looking for something that would give me more energy, make me less anxious and overwhelmed with little things.

I have been taking 50 mg/day for 8 days.  I am experiencing significant increased drowsiness, and I've even tried taking it at night.  I understand that side effects will be worse in the first couple of weeks (or more?) and that the drug can take 6 weeks or more to have therapeutic effects.  At the same time time I don't want to waste my time on the drug if it's going to continue making me drowsy.

Has anyone had an experience where an SSRI originally made them drowsy in the first weeks but then switched to giving them energy?  Or is it likely that if it's making me drowsy now it will continue to do so?
I would say stick it out, many at the start can make you drowsy, I think that is the lesser of two evils, some can make you really anxious. This is a good drug for OCD/anxiety and Depression. Hang in there.
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time