Effexor and Urinating
Does effexor have anything to do with making it difficult to urinate? I"ve only been on it abot ten days now and have noticed I've been having a hard time urinating and I didn't before I started the med. Couldn't it be the Effexor? Please someone answer me because I'm extremely frustrated!!!! Thank you!
Does Effexor have anything to do with it making me difficult to urinate? I've only been on it about ten days now and have noticed I've been having a hard time urinating and I didn't before I started the med. Couldn it be the Effexor? The weird thing is, is I thought it  took some time for the medication to enter e body? However I seem to have noticed this issue pretty much rigth away. Please someone answer me because I'm extremely frustrated!!!! Thank you!
Decreased urination is a side effect of Effexor and should be reported to your doctor right away.
Hi there, I was on this drug for about 2 days because it didn't suit me but I have had this side effect from other SSRI's and other Mental health drugs..it is very annoying and time consuming LOL..it should get better in a few weeks. I used to find night time the worst. It was as though I had to really get my brain to concentrate on urinating..sometimes turning a tap on so it makes the tinkly noise helped!
It should go away or get better when you get used to the med but if you have any burning or stinging get the doctor to check your urine!
Thank you so much for the input. If it doesn't get better in a week I will report it to my doctor. looloo you are right it's very time consuming, LOL!