Depression Community
Effexor

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Effexor

I have just been on Effexor for 3 months is it a given that you put on weight as part of my depression is an inability to lose weight and the majority of posts tell me that weight is an issue with Effexor
Tags: Effexor
I was on Effexor for many years with no weight problem. It acts differently with everyone.  If it becomes an issue, ask your doctor to switch you to one without this side effect, but don't just assume that you will gain weight while on it.  You're only hearing from a handful of people who have gained weight on it, compared to the thousands who have not.
I took Effexor XR @ 375Mgs a day for 4 years. In that time I gained no weight at all and had not changed my diet a bit.

Effexor is not known for causing weight gain. Maybe some people do experience weight gain with Effexor, but I don't know of any.
Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
Best Multivitamins for Men
11 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time