Experience with Zoloft during pregnancy...
I won't go into detail about why I'm asking, if you would like to know you can read my journal entry.  I'm just wondering if anyone has taken Zoloft while pregnant.  If so, what was your doseage, did you take it the entire pregnancy or just part and did your baby having any affects from it?  What did your doctor say could be possible effects on the baby from it?  

I'd like to get some "real life" experiences before I make a decision as to whether or not to go back on it while i'm pregnant.  I'm currently 24 weeks.  

If you'd rather not post publicly, please just send me a pm. Thanks!
I don't recommend using Zoloft during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. It can cause birth defects and it pass thru the milk.

I would not recommend getting back on it and rather go with a therapy to help you cope with depression.

M4
The decision to take an antidepressant during pregnancy is a personal one and one that must be weighed carefully with your OB/GYN.  Not a lot is known about the risks of these meds during pregnancy, and some AD's are considered safer than others.  For someone who may be at very high risk for severe depression (which of course can easily worsen during pregnancy)..or someone with history of severe PPD for example, many times it is adviseable that the Mom take the medication.

NO doctor will give you any guarantees...there is just NO way of knowing how each individual outcome will turn out. I CAN tell you that I took Prozac while pregnant with no ill effects.  I HAD been on Zoloft prior and both my OB and p-doc concurred that at the time (1998), they felt there was less risk with Prozac.

I also took a low dose of Lexapro while pregnant with my son (2005), also with no ill effects.  The reason I chose to maintain on meds during gestation was because of very severe panic attacks and depression.  I was a little more closely monitored by my OB, but he assured me, even in '98, that the use of antidepressants during pregnancy was quite common, and the frequency was increasing.  He also told me that at the time, he had had many women on an antidepressants while pregnant and never had one whose baby had any negative effects.

Again, I cannot stress enough that there IS no "yes or no" answer here....it is a very personal choice and one that must be weighed very carefully, with the help of your OB/GYN, and preferrably, a p-doc as well.

Therapy is also a vital step....and certainly a lot of women try that route first before deciding to medicate while pregnant.
I took zoloft when I was pregnant with number one. I only worked out I was pregnant at about 16-20 weeks (don't ask!) went off meds, which was a disaster and went back on them after about 3 weeks or so. I experienced terrible antinatal and postnatal depression myself (which was hormonal, the fact i'm bipolar and lack of sleep and negative attitude)
My baby was born with some breathing issues, which I have read is a possibility with anti-depressants but may have been the pethadine as I gave birth 2 hours later. I didn't realise it was serious at the time, but she spent a bit of time (2 days or so) in the nursery (NOT intensive care) in an oxygen tent. She was fine, she's 8 now. I would have breastfed but that was a disaster, but apparently they "say" that nothing significant gets through the breast milk..

I think the above post is very realistic, the risk to me was greater than going off. I was going nuts and thinking about killing myself and the baby so really needed the meds. Remember it's a difficult time being pregnant, you get tired, you are hormonal and teary anyway. Make sure you have HEAPS of support, and you don't have a stressful job is my advice!!