Depression Community
Feeling Lost

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

Feeling Lost

I have had depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. Lately it has been a lot worse. I don't do much anymore because I don't really have any friends. The friends I had are all married now. I've been single for 2 years. I have a daughter but she lives 2 hours away with my parents. I usually get to see her on weekends but it's just not the same, and I always come home alone. I work regular Monday - Friday hours. I went to church for a while but I'm really shy and didn't meet many people. My days consist of work, home, and usually to bed before 9:00PM. If I don't travel to see my daughter on the weekend, I'll rent a few movies and stay home all weekend. I've been on prozac since I was 14 and now on ADHD meds. I just feel like I'm at a dead end with nowhere to go. And I wonder what is wrong with me, Why nobody likes me....
It is a possibility that your body no longer works with prozac.  It was successful with me for 5 years but I realized I felt as if I had no soul and very empty inside.  You really should speak with your doctor and explain how your feel.  It might be time to change medications.  Lorazapam and Aprazalam (spelling) help with anxiety.  I take them as needed only and find that just having them stems the anxiety on many occassions.  Relaxations techniques (I know, sounds lame) work once you understand your breathing and how to relax your mind and muscles.  I understand about the AFHD meds.  Are you on Concerta, Focalin or Vyvance?  If you are not HD double check the medications that you are on.  I was prescribed them but, against my doctors diagnosis, I really feel that they are a supplement to meds that are not working.  It is just a case of giving another med with others.  In my opinion, if the med needs more than one supplement, it is not working or the one I need.  THAT....I ONLY my personal opinion.  
If the Prozac is not working for you, it makes sense that you would feel dead inside and your personality is not who you would be without the depression.  Please see your doctor and discuss this.  If the doctor is not helpful or supportive, find another physician.  Whatever you do, don't give up.  There is something to help you and all who suffer from depression realize it affects us in many ways.  Keep trying.  
It does sound that these medications are not working as well as they should, maybe its time for an increase of the Prozac or just a new anti depressant completely..you come accross depressed, tired, lifeless, like you are existing instead of living..this isn't normal and it can definitely change!

I think because you have been depressed for such a long time that you think it is normal to feel this way, and you have just put up with it..but there is a life out there withyour name on it! When you have contact with your daughter what kind of things do you do?
Take her on long walks, go to parks, breathe in the fresh air.. if you can enjoy these outings more, it will encourage you to do more on your own..

Please ask for some help, it could just be that your meds need tweaking!

Hang in there
i feel the same way ive had depression for 5 years but im still working on it
I understand where you are coming from it is very hard to control your depression . been there and still there at times . I was married for 14 year to the women I thought was going to be the love of my life turn out to be different and not what I wanted to happen . She file for our devorce 7 years ago and still to this day I hurt at time . I did every thing for her from washing, cleaning, cooking, and never went out on her . I was a great , man and father to my 10year little girl . she took her from me when I was the one that raise my little girl since she was small . dose not want my little she just has her for the child support money every little chase she get she leaves her to me and tells me I cant deal with her but dose not want to let her live with me where my little girl want to be is with me . I work and go home to nothing it very lonely and sad at times and I feel I am alone with no one to talk with . The good side I keep my self going for my little girl and hope one day we will be with each other again that what help me in life and pushes me to work hard and put a smile on my face that one day my life with me put together once more . I have been cheating on and talked down to and hurt really bad to where its hard for me to trust some in my life not to get hurt again , for every one that dose us wrong one day they will pay leave it in god hand he the only one in life that knows what he has in store for us . I hope you feel better and you get well and full of happiness your day will soon come don't lose faith . p.s bigjay
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo