Depression Community
Feeling of Gloom and Doom

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Feeling of Gloom and Doom

For the past six months when I go to bed around 12:30am I go right to sleep. About 5:00am I have these dreams that are pleasant,but then I start to wake up and I have these feelings of " gloom and doom ". My heart feels like it is beating funny and I have a loud ringing in my ears and both my arms from the elbows down go numb and the back of my hands feel like I dipped them in acid (BURNING  Feeling). After I lay there for a few minutes my heart beat returns to normal my arms start to get their feeling back and little by little the gloom and doom feeling goes away. I do suffer from Anxiety Disorder and have been under alot of stress lately. (Building a new home). I have been wanting to build this house for a long time now and I'm starting to wonder if I am doing the right thing, moving my family to a different state, new schools, new friends, new laws and rules. I asked my family doctor if this all could be playing in my mind while I was asleep and he just said, maybe. A few years ago I was under ALOT more stress and the only thing that happened was that I had trouble sleeping. I think this might be anxiety or stress related,but I'm not a doctor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My doctor has told me along time ago that most of my problems were stress related. I use to be such a carefree happy-go-lucky person and now it seems like every little thing bothers me. Even my friends tell me that I've changed, that I went from carefree to taking everything so seriously. I don't know what happened, one day I woke up and just felt this way and have been like this ever since.
I wont pretend to have any answer I just wanted to let you know your not alone in feeling soo anxious about everything and I hope you feel better..

Maybe time will help, it seems like your in a very stressful situation right now. Hopefully you will feel more your self once you get more settled.
Avatar n tn
same thing here... i was always the one with the smile... making everyone laugh... and now... i feel as though i constantly worry.  i still try to be myself around friends and such but the anxiety has taken over my life in the past month or two..

do you work out?  if not you should... weight train and cardio.  one of the best things for anxiety and stress relief.  
KTowne Been worried that my sympto... Comment
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on zara2010's status
1 hr ago
Raspberry_belle uploaded new photos
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time