Fluoxetine Side Effects
Hi, I have been given 20mg fluoxetine to treat my anxiety disorder. I started this medication since 30/7/13 but had stop for a day in between as the side effects freak me. Initially, it makes me sleepy after taking it. However, the current side effect is it gives me insomnia at night. I will get woken up by acid reflux by 4am and battling with the discomfort till 10am or so. After that, I won't be able to sleep and will be tired for the rest of the day. It has been abt 2 weeks and the acid reflux is still bad. I tried eating every 3 hours just to relief that sour feeling in my throat. Is this normal? Should I stop the med?

I called up the hospital to check and they said nausea and reflux is common and if I can persist, I should wait a bit longer as the good effects come in later but it has been a torture every night.

Please advice.