Depression Community
Free Floating Anxiety

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Free Floating Anxiety

Just wondered does anyone else suffer from free floating anxiety its terrible just so anxious all the time, everywhere and anywhere, no where is safe to me, i refused medication because of my fear of the side effects, it makes me so depressed and scared all the time, i feel dizzy alot sick, scared, shaky numbness in my hands and feet, sensitive ears, nosie really hurts them, saw my psychiatrist on Friday and he said this is what it is, i have had anxiety for 18yrs but was able to manage it but 5 weeks ago i took a panic attack and that triggered it of i have been in a constant state of anxiety ever since, been to the doctors so many times convinced that i am psychially ill but he said i'm not but i find it so hard to believe that its anxiety, just so afraid that something is wrong with me or i will be stuck like this forever, anyone else ever felt like this?
So many of us that have anxiety just won't believe that's what it is. It's so common for us to think there's something else going on so we have test after test and see Dr after Dr only to find nothing physically wrong.
I'm a little confused about whether you've tried medication or not. For me, it's a lifesaver and pretty much keeps the anxiety and panic attacks under control.
Do you know what may have triggered the panic attack 5 weeks ago?
I can relate and Im so sorry,I personally think anxiety is the worst of all my symptoms.Im taking Zologt now though and it is has helped me greatly.Has your doc offered any suggestions,meds,therapy or otherwise?lily
Yeah i have been offered citalopram and cholopraminze its like an anti-psychotic because i was so anxious, i won't take meds they make me even more anxious.
I had been just out of hosptial for depression and other mental health issues and i think being there made me feel worse they took away my feeling of control. i am receieving cbt therapy and will be changing to psychotherapy soon but i just want to be me again, just sitting here i am anxious dizzy and shaky like i have no reason to be like this here. Thanks for the replies seems meds may be my only answer but i need to keep trying. Does anxiety ever make you feel like slowed down like all other emotions are numbed and i only feel anxiety and fear no happiness or sadness just strangeness even i wake up anxious with my heart racing, is that normal with anxiety to feel that bad even after waking up.
Hang in there. I was 54 when my anxiety finally showed it's ugly face. It's getting better but still shows it's face. I find that it's hard to go out in crowds for me. Citalopram helps keep my emotions in check however, it's not for everyone. We're here for you and so will be your counselors.
Thanks for all your help, the going out bit is easier than the anxiety at home i guess at home i expect to feel safe and have no where to run the anxiety is within me. Thanks again
10356 commented on photo
10356 commented on photo
char1234vass :) Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time