Depression Community
Generic Lexapro?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Generic Lexapro?

I just started taking Lexapro about a month ago and it's been hepling me slowly but surely. My doctor had given me a month's worth of samples but when I just submitted my prescription to be filled, my insurance told me that they only cover the generic version. Does anyone have any info about the generic version of Lexapro? Does it work as well? Are there side effects?  

Any information would be great.

Thanks.
Avatar n tn
I've been off of Lexapro for about 5 months but at the time I was taking it--there was no generic available.  Also, my copay was $30/month supply for Lexapro.  I had my doc order 20mg and I split them in half, so one prescription would last two months.  Not exactly the best thing to do but when money is tight.......

good luck to you.
Avatar n tn
Thee is no generic Lexapro available unfortunately & it is very pricey to pay out of pocket.  
get back with your insurance co. tell them there is no generic, also, just ask your dr for more meds. They are givin tons of them from drug reps...but stay on the insurance co about it...
Same prob theres no generic lexapro and my pharmacy told me it would cost $108 for each perscription, but seriously I love Lexapro very much and it's, at least in my case, such a good drug that really has big results so for me it's worth to pay it every month till i get an insurance that will agree to pay it. I'm out of a job at the moment so my dr. monday put me on generic zoloft (sertraline) and omg i hate it! My heart is racing, having tons of anxiety, racing thoughts, shaking and i cannot sleep, plus it's giving me irritability. So on monday I have to call my dr. and prob will be taken off. Its pretty scary how it makes me feel, i'm dying to go back on lexapro.
Like mentioned above there is no generic for Lexapro, but my doctor told me the closest generic to it would be Celexa. I tried it for awhile and it worked well for me, but I started to gain weight, so I went back to Lexapro.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 min ago
dragrat is trying not to freak out.. Comment
KTowne Pretty sure if baby is a gi... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time