Getting off Zoloft after 17 years
I had some concerns about getting off Zoloft. At my most dependant I was on 250 mg and over the past 2 years I have weened myself down to 25 mg.  I am taking it crazy slow because about a year ago I tried to come down and got so anxious and depressed that I went back up to 50 mg which I am aware is an incredibly low dose. I see a psychotherapist once a week and we talk about my concerns and anxiety/depression. I notice that at this 25mg dose I get these crazy low moments where I feel like the world is just turning in on me. The symptoms are quick and fast sometimes lasting a couple of minutes. I have been learning to meditate to help with the anxiety and I do practice yoga 3-4x a week. I have a healthy diet and do not drink too much caffeine because that does add to my anxiety.
Anyway, I'm wondering if these anxious/sad feelings are because I have been on Zoloft for +17 years (put on when I was 13-15 yrs old) and my body is just not accustomed to the low dose? Are these just side effects? How long will this last and will it go away?
I hate talking to the psychiatrist because her great plan is "to stay on for life bla bla bla" and all doctors I see are always pushing the same but I would love to try and power through this if I know there's hope that all this WILL GET BETTER and I just need to keep on.

One more mention I have/do take some natural mood elevators like omega 3s, krill oil, HTTP 5, cromium...all the good stuff.
You can have rebound anxiety and depression when weaning or completely getting off of these meds. You're doing great though! Good for you for weaning so slowly. Many of us try to wean very fast and have terrible withdrawal symptoms.
I would recommed listening yourself and what you need. You do know yourself better than anyone else. My daughter was on meds for her depression and anxiety and she decided to quit everything on her own. She also does yoga several times a week which really helps her anxiety and depression. She got away from drinking so much caffiene too. It is not good for us that have anxiety. Have you tried meditation yet?
Hang in there, okay. W're here to listen and help anyway we can.
Hi remar,
Thanks for your comment. Has your daughter successfully stopped taking the medication?
I'm just wondering if the anxiety/depression I'm currently experiencing is because of the really dose or is it me falling back into what got me on the medication in the first place.
You're very welcome. Yes. My daughter has quit antidepressant meds. She does have a script for an anti anxiety med, just in case, but she rarely ever has to use it. Doing yoga, meditation and  being in therapy have helped her so much.
I do think your depression and anxiety could be from stopping the meds. Like I said, it's not uncommon for this to happen. It does'nt mean things will stay this way. Your body and mind are still adjusting to what's happening with the med decrease.
Are you getting enough B vitamins? I see that you're doing everything  right and many things that are so good for you.