HAVING PANIC ATTACKS
Are there any people out there that have a real fear of going to the dentist. i'm 45 years old but feel like a little girl when it comes to going to the dentist. I have had a lot of dental work done in the past and have had about 8-10 major surgeries so i can handle pain. HOWEVER, I HAVE NEVER HAD MORE THAN 1 TOOTH AT A TIME PULLED AND TOMORROW I AM HAVING MY 4 FRONT TEETH PULLED AND AM HAVING TO GO TO A DENTIST I'VE NEVER USED BEFORE,I AM GETTING UPPER DENTURES IN A COUPLE WEEKS. I'M FINDING MYSELF HAVING PANIC ATTACKS. IF I COULD USE MY REGULAR DENTIST I WOULD FEEL BETTER BUT I CAN'T. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD SEVERAL TEETH PULLED AT ONCE BEFORE GETTING DENTURES. IS IT GOING TO BE AS BAD AS I'M THINKING IT IS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? ALSO ANY HELP ON FOODS THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO EAT. THANKS!
puddings, jello, soup, ice cream. Do not suck anything thru a straw! Relax, tell the dentist you are anxious and he will give you something and by the time he starts, you will not care.  Even if you just got numbed, it is still not that big a deal. Mostly in the head!  
thanks, the dread was the worst part of it,now . i am hiding in the house till the 1st of june to get my dentures, so if you would like to chat i will be online ok? dentist did give me a 10 mg valium and antibotics along with mepergan fortis (demerol with phengran or promethozine) and it's helped tremendously. thanks so much for you respone. if you would like you can add me as a friend ok?