Hi, has anyone had their hair grow back?
I have been on topirmate for 2 years and have lost 1/2 of my hair. Never thought it would be topirmate and did research. I've been off for about 3 months and I'm wondering if anyone has had regrowth.
It will take awhile. I have chronic migraine so I have been on topiramate several times but every time I got on I remembered how awful the side effects were and why I decided to go off in the first place, (besides it did absolutely nothing to help my migraines) and I lost A LOT of hair too. it would seriously come out in clumps in the shower, we would have to vacuum every day because there would be so much hair on the carpet. I looked it up online and found many others losing their hair from Topamax. My doctor said its not a listed side effect and it was most likely from depression but I KNOW it was the Topamax. ive been off for almost 2 years now and still have hair come out but not nearly as bad as before. I cant take biotin because it makes my hair and skin super oily and greasy and gives me REALLY bad acne. so I have just been dealing with it, I'm sorry but it will take time, it will grow back though I promise. 3 months isn't enough time. do some research on hair and their growth stages. may take a year or more to see the fullness really come back. I feel for you. and I'm sorry this happened to you as well, I know its super depressing, my hair was the only thing I liked about my physical self, and now I have all these baby hairs that stick up and fly aways all over because they are so short and trying to grow back and its impossible to cover them up. may I ask why u were on topiramate?