Depression Community
Hi There

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi There

I have depression and post traumatic Stress disorder and am currently on Mirtrazipine, Venoflaxine, Quitiepine and Zopiclone I have been treated for this since my mid twenties, last year I had three small focal seizures which no pathology found. I am now about to start on Sodium Valproate increasing dosage initially to 250mg in morning and 500mg at night this is being prescribed primarily as a mood stabiliser but is thought to help stop the seizures. I am uncertain about this drug and what effect it could have on my ability to work. it would be great to hear other peoples expirences
Mirtrazipine and veneflaxine can cause seizures but it's rare. Zopiclone on the other hand could result in seizures if you skip doses. Zopiclone is usually used for short-term relief even tho it's not a benzodiazepine, it is quite the same procedure. I don't know if your doctor want to slowly get you off quietiapine or, hopefully, zopiclone by implementing the valproate but my opinion is that you might be over-medicated if he/she doesn't but on the other hand I know nothing about your condition and psych. I mean you are already on a mood stabilizer so I guess you could expect slowly stoping zopiclone. Note that there's a small interaction between zopiclone, sodium valproate and your other medications which could cause too much sedation or dizziness which could affect your ability to work.

Close monitoring is my advice and report back immediately to your doctor if you feel there's something wrong.

M4
Thanks for your advice, doc is planing to reduce some on my meds over time, but i have had really bad reactions to new drugs so it will be over the next year, I have good support so i guess it is try it and see

Thanks 1lis
Raspberry_belle uploaded new photos
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
RubyWitch Life is short......ride you... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time