Depression Community
How can i fix my depression?

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

How can i fix my depression?

Hey. I'm a 13 year old girl, and i think i suffer from moderate/major depression , i have felt this way for about 6 months now, and im beginning to really struggle coping with it , as a result to this i have self harmed once, though tried many times , and i also frequently scratch at my skin, and burn myself with a lighter . i do this when i am angry at myself , aggitated about my school work , or when i am feeling particulary down.i have trouble gettin to sleep due to this and , when i finnaly do manage to fall asleep , i often wake screaming and crying because of nighmares.i found that i havnt been eating much latley, and because of this i often feel faint or light headed , my friends have started to notice that the most, and now try and presure me into eating at lunch times witch annoys me and makes me want to eat even less. in saying this , there is times where i comfort eat but i only feel bad afterwards and try to starve myself , i find this difficult as , i eat my dinner with my mum and little sister ( aged 5 ) as a family and , as i have always eaten quite alot , she has started to suspect something.As i mensioned earlier , i struggle with alot of my school work , and struggle in many areas , expecially maths, i am failing my subjects and i suspect that this is due to my depression , and the fact that i have been to pre occupied. but i dont let that get me down , i keep smiling and put on a fake face , always happy , always hyper,  but that isnt the real me anymore. my parents are divorced , i live with my mum and i get to stay at my dads house for the weekend every fortnight, living with my mother is hard , as she has depression ( has had since she was 17) and i belive i got it from her , she is crabby , moody and likes to shout alot , so wen i go to see my dad it is a relif.i used to be bullied for being the odd one out and being ginger, so i died my hair and tryed to fit in , it didnt work , but im not bullied so bad anymore.this always made me angry and started my habit of punchin walls, i have injured my hand quite badly a few times but i have never been able to tell my mum as she would call me a stupid  and say i deserve it for hittin walls, so thats my story , theres more , but i dont think you really want to hear anymore. but my question is , can you help? , how can i tell my mum? , my friends ?, most importantly my dad ?, how can i tell him his little girl is so mucked up ? , what should i do ? , how do i stop self harming? , how do i become happy again ?
HOW CAN I FIX IT ???
It sounds like you have a more stable relationship with your dad so maybe you should talk to him about how you're feeling. Another person you could talk to would be your school counselor. Talk to your dad about getting in to counseling outside of your school counselor. We're always here to listen and help if we can.
i feel the same im depressed my parents are seperated and i never see my dad he heart me and i dont even talk to him. I have skcratced my self many times  and i have felt like i want to kill myself many times and have been yelling at everyone even my friends. I dont even want to eat and i feel like well crap i am a little over wight and so i feel like i need to starve and i think i have a  eating disorder so its eather i eat to much or i starve myself and my 2 best friends have seen what all of it is doing to me and they think they need to make me eat and i get verry mad at them and then just to make it all better.everyone has to ask whats wrong can we do something and i tern away from them and i cant controlle my emotions its eather im mad, crying, sad, or im just plain on angry and i feel like i am worthless and have no meaning in this world. my mom gets med at me when i wont tell her whats going on because there upparentally always has to be a reason. i mean i just cant handel all of the pressure and the least amount of of homework we have a night is 3 long assinements and it gets me so angry i heart myself an i just dont know what to do.
You definitely need medical help.  Your feelings and actions are NOT your fault.  Tell your mother, or show to her what you just wrote and ask to see a doctor.  If your mother won't take you to one, make up any reason to see a doctor and then tell the doctor about your problems.  The doctor will understand and give you medication as well as recommend some counseling for you.  You deserve a better life and one is out there for you.  But you have to ask for help.  Sara
ScorpionKing8 commented on HIV and ORAL SEX: The...
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
Crazycastillian commented on Derealization and Dep...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time