Depression Community
How do you people do it?

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

How do you people do it?

Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and whassup. My name is Hamed Khatiz and I am a sixteen year old student, writer, drummer, adviser, friend, former friend and many more from Sydney. I have swagger and confidence or so I think anyway. I have amazing colleagues at my amazing school and an even better family. Swagger and confidence is great but it is never enough, is it?

At school I am energetic and a confidence and courageous person. I have performed in front of hundreds of people never performing before in my life! I know what to do and say and how to do and say it. People have said it before, but this is where the doubt comes in. I have lost a friend and do not know why. I have been a victim of major bullying for many years (not anymore, but still) and I feel when I refelct on these things, I need to do more to be noticed or taken seriously.

What precisely is confidence and is it enough?

Furthermore, I have heard many things about how people achieve their goals. You need to want it, your only barrier is yourself, your body will do antyhinng your mind tells it to do. Is any of that true too? On Biggest Loser Australia the other night, this man, he played a challenge and he had 60 kilograms on his back, like the barbell and 40. During the training session the trainer emphasised the importance of mental strength and having your mind focused. The same guy who pulled 60 kilograms pulled 120 kilograms with his "mind focused". How does that work?

How does mental strength allow to strength your boundaries that far?

Giant question I know, but yeah
Tags: how?, dos, YOU!, people, does it, IT, years, Work, Life, family, mental, friends
When you make up your mind to do something and have confidence in yourself, anything is possible.  
It is all about mental strength and persistence and wanting something so much that you will not quit even if the odds are against you. I know from personal experience that visualization helps. Just visualizing myself accomplishing a goal or doing something better makes it come true. It is not magic but belief in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself then who will. To be able to overcome any physical or mental obstacles to achieve whatever goal you have in mind is a grand feat and can be done. I am living proof of it. I am very shy, minimal confidence, care what others think of me, been bullied in the past, used and played by people and have major depression and anxiety. But with all these obstacles I place the importance of what I want like a career and when I get a failing grade I ask the teacher what did I do wrong or how can I improve or do better and change my grade to an A. I have done this several times. I am a big believer in persevering and never quitting and finish whatever you start, small or big.
Just like the Nike commercial said, "JUST DO IT!"
I could fold myself into a fetal position and be self-absorbed in pity but that gets you nowhere. This is life and you get one shot in your life, it is not a dress rehearsal and no one is going to give you the confidence you need.
It is all up to you. Mental strength and plus working out is great for the mind.
Angela
Hi there, good to hear that you are doing lots in the Music line, its not easy
being young so remember that. I think you must believe in your passion whatever that is ie. Music i.e   Work hard at whatever you do, and achieving something or mastery is intself a great confidence booster. Try and find balance, worry less about what other people are thinking and just be yourself, you sound like a lovely guy, and your confidence will grow, be kind to others too and dont be afraid to be you.
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
5 hrs ago by char1234vass
lboogie7729 is hanging in there Comment
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time