Depression Community
How should I feel after taking Fluoxetine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How should I feel after taking Fluoxetine

I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression about three months ago. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine and I was wondering if how I feel now is normal I just sort of feel like blah and almost not really care about much (I don't know  how else to describe it) is this normal?  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1042487_tn?1275283499
Hello there,

How long have you been taking Prozac? However it is often reported that people have less emotions and feeling neutral while on this drug so what you are experiencing is normal. If you really don't like your current state you can talk to your doctor about trying a SNRI rather than your current SSRI. It might give you a boost due to the norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor action. Some people have good result with both class of drug and everyone is different, there is no one pill for all. So if you really don't like Prozac i suggest you talk to your doctor about something like Cymbalta or Effexor as they act differently.

Best regards,
M4
Blank
653169_tn?1303449969
I've been on and off prozac for several years and have never had that reaction.  It sounds more like its not working for you.  Most people that I know who have tried prozac, including myself, find prozac energizing. If you feel blah, you either are not on the correct dosage or need to just change meds like M4U said.
good luck
Blank
I have been on Prozac for three months. Thanks for the information I am going to talk to my Dr. about switching medication.

Thanks,
Nikki545
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
2020005_tn?1404435525
Blank
KTowne commented on retta483's status
6 hrs ago
2020005_tn?1404435525
Blank
KTowne commented on Scared now...Not sure...
6 hrs ago
Blank
Yankeegal joined this community
Welcome them!
6 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Depression Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity