Depression Community
How to come off Venlafaxine without the dizziness

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ive been on Venlafaxine for about 2 years.  Im now down to 37.5 every other day, which I know is an incredibly low dose, but if I try going any longer without them I get the dizziness or brain shivers.  As others will know - its awful!  I lasted about 4 days before, but the dizziness did not let up for the whole 4 days, so I gave in and took a tablet - the dizziness stopped within 30 mins!

If I try taking half a tablet - it only lasts half the time before the dizziness starts, so cutting down this way doesnt seem to work.

SO, does anyone know a better way OR has anyone gone through the dizziness and how long does it take before it stops.

Feel like I will never get off these bloomin tablets.  I dont feel depressed when I dont take them, just really dizzy.

PLEASE HELP!
prozac or SSRI bridge method would help ease the withdrawals i'd say as they would'nt be so severe then and as there appears to be a consensus that prozac appears to be somewhat easier to come off that Venlafaxine. Came off it myself and was'nt nowhere near as bad as what i was fearing last year i think.
Cutting back on Venalafaxine's not easy for sure, I'm cutting back from 150 mg to 75 mg, but going to take at least a couple of months to do it. On the days I cut back I'm more irritable, quick tempered & feel 'troubled', could just be my psych. reaction to knowing I'm cutting back & anticipating withdrawal symptoms. The intention's to stay on 75 mg if it works. Won't risk a relapse by coming completely off meds. I'm fairly old, so it's less of a problem than it would be for a younger person. Wish you luck with your regime, hope it works out OK. George
Hi George

Thanks for your comment.  Hope you are successful in your cutting back.  Ive been fine all the time ive gone to a lower dose, its just this last stage in coming off completely from the lowest dose.  I hate the dizzy feeling, its awful :o(
see similiar themed post down the page
Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
Best Multivitamins for Men
11 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time