Depression Community
How to get off my meds

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How to get off my meds

Hi I am 23 years only I am on cilift - one tablet a day - trepiline - 10mg one tablet an day - Rivotril - I tablet a day.
I have been on the rivotrol for about 7 months and trepiline about a year.

Cilift - I have been on for about 4 years and would like to go off this once I am off the other tablets

For one week I took 3 quarters of Rivotril and I am now on my second week taking half tablet. On my 3rd week I will be only taking a quarter and 4th weak nothing.
I am feeling very ill and have bad headaches. I went through a bad break up and needed some support (reason for the tablets) I am now stable and would like to go off of them. I am going to be doing one tablet at a time.

Reason for my depression is the shock of being dumped after 4 years.
I am happy and content and would like to get off the tablets as they are interfereing with my intermit life.

Please advice if going off the rivitrol the way I am going off is fine and how to get off the other tablets.

Your help is greatly appreciated

You never want to self wean. You need to speak to your doctor about the best way to go about it. Some need to do it very slowly, while others don't.
please be careful when stopping meds... i stopped diazepam suddenly without weaning and i am so ill... its been 24 days now and im hoping time will ease things... please very slow tapering cut by a quarter of a tablet every 3 weeks at most i wish thats what i had done.... you have no idea the things that can happen i thought i was dying of some terrible illness but bloods and other tests are all normal so i am so confused why do i feel like im dying... hang in there take it slowly for your own sake xxx
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
kah_1409 added the Weight Tracker
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time