Hyperhidrosis ruining my life
I have axillary hyperhidrosis, and I have tried every OTC product available. I recently started searching the web to help me with my issue and am finding little to no answers. Is there anything I can do? I wear black shirts and tank tops and that's about it. Half of my clothes I can't wear, cause I sweat right through them. This has been going on for years and it is truely embarassing for me. I'm afraid to be intimate with someone without warning them of the surprise they might get if they touch my armpit or put their face by it. Please.
Is this the result of a medication for Depression? or is it just that issue?
Check your inbox, I sent you a message.
well hello fellow person with hyperhidrosis. i'm 23yrs. old and have suffered for it my whole life.when i was younger it was just my hands and feet that would drip sweat, little did i know the fun adolescents would bring....more sweating and the terrifingly understanding world of high school and all the great and compassionate peolpe there. i'm totally joking yeah public ridicule, especially prom yeah i was the girl with the pit stains on my dress, every parent wanted me in the pic....not! well needless to say i feel your pain. it's extremely embarassing. i mean i literally can drip sweat form my hands, armpits, face, feet, and groin. i've refused to get the surgery, i've read far too many case studies of compensentory sweating occurring. so for the past nine years i've tried the hard core roll ons, and topicals. the only thing that seems to put a dent in the sweating for me is unfortunately perscription drugs. I was on robinul forte for a couple of years until i got kicked off my dad's insurance this last year when i turned 23. robinul forte is $699.47 for a month supply without insurance....i cannot afford it. the only thing that had given me little comfort in the past couple years. i've since tried another medication, it's not been as promising altough the price is right at $114.99 for a month supply i found it's not giving me the same results as the robinul. so i must continue to try to find a drug that's affordable my next try will be oxybutynin, i'm not sure of the cost yet. i do have a boyfriend whom is not bother by the sweating, even if it bothers me, i never thought i would find some one whom would be okay with this, but i did. you just really feel so alone. you just want to be normal and sweat like everybody else. i just want to wear a shirt and know i'm not going to make it wet unless i wanna run around and be active and actually have to do an activity to produce such a reaction.
oh ya i forgot. i have recently tried to apply for medical insurance. because of my hyperhidrosis i am considered: HIGH RISK and it will cost me over six hundred dollars a month and that's not including the fat deductible. so that's pretty much impossible. yay i'm so glad health care is a commodity in this country!