I can't cry!
I haven't cried in years! and even the last time I cried it was forced until I could produce some tears.I would like to be able to cry to get some relief from the mental anguish that I sometimes suffer.Do you think that there is a medical reason for this?Thabk you so much for your help.
Are you on any anti depressant medication?  I found that I could not cry when I was on medication.  When I stopped it, I found myself weeping at silly little things, and do you know, it was a relief.

Sometimes, when we are depressed we cry a lot, and I think for others, they cannot cry at all, like you.  Perhaps watching some really sad film, or thinking about sad things will make you cry.

Perhaps it is a physical medical problem, and your doctor could help.  Only a doctor could tello you if there is a medical reason.  Perhaps to put your mind at rest you could talk to a doctor about your worries.  

Are there any other ways you could release your mental anguish, like talking to someone about it?  Often unburdening ourselves helps a lot.  Again a doctor may be able to put you in touch with a therapist or counsellor who could help you.
Thank you for your answer,I am currently not on any anti-depressants.It's strange because when I think of something sad I don't cry I tend to get very depressed and very anxious to the extent that I feel like the world is going to end!(even though logically I know that the world isn't going to end).I do try and talk but find I go nowhere sometimes!I think I will be seeing someone about this because I really need help.What does unberding mean?If you would be happy to help me more my e-mail address is ***@****,thank you for your valuable answer.
Hi there.  I am not sure you would want to talk to me.  I am old enough to be your grandma.  I have had depression for over 20 years, so have a good insight into what deep depression feels like.  It would be nice if you could find younger people to talk to who perhaps you could get on better with.

I have a grandson of 22 years, and 3 others.  Do you know I would listen to any problems they had.  Is there a member of your family or a really close friend you could talk to you about your worries? I am not saying I am not easy to get on with because I try to help people on this site.  I would be happy to correspond with you by private message but not by email.

Don't go on suffering alone Gareth.
Hey I live in the UK too.