Depression Community
I have a question about Geodon

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have a question about Geodon

First off, yes I know that Geodon is not a medicine for depression, and it's an antipsychotic, but I'm having a hard time navigating this website, and can't find the right page for this topic.

My experience with Geodon has been wonderful, except for one thing: weight gain.  I have always been somewhat in the dark as far as thinking that the only way a medication would cause weight gain would be if it made you eat alot, but boy, was I wrong.  My appetite is one-fifth what it used to be, along with me now eating one-fifth the food I used to consume.  However, the problem I'm having is that last week, I weighed eleven pounds lighter than this morning.  All last week, up until about Wednesday or Thursday, my weight had stayed the same number.  But lo and behold, I weigh eleven pounds heavier this morning!

Now, I have read on the internet, about how this medication can make some people gain up to 7% of their body weight in the beginning, but I need to know if #1) is this normal,  and #2) Can I possibly expect weight loss after the ungodly weight gain?  I need help because I'm in the situation that says I do not need to gain anymore weight.  I am at huge risk, (even though I have not been told by a doctor, I am just going by how overweight I am) for diabetes type 2.  Other than than, the medicine is fantastic, and has made me more social, even though for some reason I've been put on it for depression.  

Sorry for such a long post, but I am extremely concerned.  Thank you.
Tags: geodon
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time