Depression Community
I need to know if im Depressed or not.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

I need to know if im Depressed or not.

When ever I'm at school I'm happy, but sometimes all of a sudden I Feel like crap and extremely sad and when I come home its even worse.. i also suffer from trichotillmania and weigh 200 pounds at 13.. I think those have stuff to do with it?
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sorry it took so long for you to get a response.  Yes the compulsive behavior along with the weight likely have something to do with depression.  If you feel like you are overwhelmed, I would recommend going to treatment.  Are you already taking depression meds?  Also look up symptoms of depression and see how many you have.  Anyway you will find alot of support on here so please dome back and keep posting.  Good luck and God bless.
No I don't take Depression meds I'm afraid to tell my parents about it
Do you have a school counseler?  The thing is if you are that depressed don't wait to long before you open up to somebody.  If you can pull yourself out of it then it may not be time.  You are at a crucial time in your life.  If you are stayin depressed for a long time, like weeks at a time than it would benefit you greatly to get on some meds.  In my experience depression gets worse the longer you go on without taking meds.  Some of my symptoms of depression are as follows:

Decrease in concentration
Isolation (being by yourself without the desire to talk to anyone)
No motivation to even take a shower
Constant negative thoughts
No desire to clean...anything

Like I said if the depression could stem from alot of things.  Your emotions are going to change alot at this time in your life but when you get the courage up talk to someone.  I can't diagnose you but I will talk to you.

Good Luck

Larry
Maybe ill start talking to my close friend.. but I Feel like if I go on Meds people will think I'm crazy..
I alslo went through that stigma.  My girlfriend is going through it now.  It's true that most people will think you are crazy but they don't have to deal with what you do.
So i should go on Meds now, because maybe if I just wait a little and see how I feel..
You don't need to tell people you are on meds. Most antidepressants are taken once a day in the morning. There is no reason for them to know. But, actually, you should try therapy.
My life just honestly *****, and I'm afraid to talk to my parents about it..
It will be a combination of alot of things.  Therapy, meds, and follow up therapy.  Of course you can wait as long as you want to get checked out but the only thing I would be worried about is alot of things can progress whether it is a mental illness or not.  Be aware of your moods.

Nothing changes until the fear of change is less than the pain of staying the same.

Good Luck

Larry
Dubfresh commented on Derealization and Dep...
KTowne commented on Ellen038's status
Whey protein and Smoothies
8 hrs ago by gymdandee