Depression Community
I someone to listen that will understand

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Well I have been feeling really depressed lately I got a letter and I found out that I have been referred to Sexual Trauma Services. Because I was sexually abused by my ex boyfriend for 3 years. It has affected me a lot and I don't think I will ever be the same, and I know being referred means I will get help. I have a meeting tomorrow and I am scared. Ever since I got the letter things have been worse because I have been over thinking what happened to me even more than I usually do. I haven't got out of bed for a week now and I either feel nothing, just blank and I just sit there staring at a wall or something and my brain hurts or I over think and I breakdown crying and even hurt myself. I just want someone to talk to, I feel so alone! And I know I will never feel normal but I just wish I could feel something other than how I feel everyday. Even a little bit better would be fine!
I think getting the help would be great for you. The pain may not ever completely go away, but it will definitely get easier with the help. Sorry you're going through this. :(
I'm a minor and have only ever been sexually abused once, but even that got to me. I might not know what it feels like to be you, but being forced to talk to somebody was the best help I have ever received. Every time you talk, a little of the pain exits with your words. It's frightening to speak up, but the world will get brighter, I promise.
It's a horrible thing to go through, and no one deserves to be treated like that. I hope you're okay because I know exactly how it feels. But I am glad that helped you and I have started going to counselling sessions every week so I hope that helps. Thank you
Thanks, yeah I guess even getting rid of some of the pain will help...
Congratulations on starting counselling sessions...When I started mine I cried every week for 2 years, never ever realized the depth of the pain hidden inside me...

If you ever want to talk, we are here for you...I would love to hear how
your counselling is going....

Good luck to you

M
KTowne commented on Des92's status
newyorklover001 joined this community
Welcome them!
newyorklover001 joined this community
Welcome them!
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time