Depression Community
I was diagnosed with PTSD, I'm wondering if I have BPD too?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 35 years old. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and now I am starting to wonder if I have BPD too?
I'm on celexa 20mg, at times I tend to take 2-3 dose of it, because it helps me to calm down more.
I have attemted suicide in the past, and I still have suicidal ideation and I don't know how to tell my
husband that. I suspect my husband of being unfaithful to me and it is destroying our relationship, and he always tells me he loves me and he will never hurt me like that, and I believe him, but still I accuse him of being unfaithful to me.
Where I'm from there's lack of resources, I used to work with Mental Health as a counselor and there weren't
ever there for me, it's been 6 weeks now that I am waiting to hear from them with an appointment.
Do I have boarderline personality too? I don't think if I do explain how I really feel about myself no one will understand
me, is because I have no support. If you have any BPD, can you please help me to cope with my thoughts/feelings
before I lose everything I have or my ownself. Thank you.
Hi...I also have PTSD...have had it for several years.  PTSD can mask as several other things...BPD being one of them...BP (bipolar disorder) being another.  PTSD is very complex.  
My husband is an Army Vet. He was medically retired out for PTSD May of this year. He has had PTSD since 03/04 after his first tour in iraq. PTSD can have similar symptoms of BPD, which is common. Your PTSD could be masking actual BPD, but your BPD symptoms could very well be just symptoms of PTSD. I think I have studied and researched PTSD more than most doctors lol, I needed to so I could support my husband. He is also on Celexa but he is on 30mg and he is on 1000mg of Depricote.

My husbands PTSD even masked his Sleep Apnea symptoms..which is rare but can occur.

I will be praying for you and your journey through life.
I am always careful about doctors (especially with VA) trying to diagnoses someone with BPD...there are similar symptoms and having one does not mean you do or don't have that with PTSD.  But the symtoms (symptoms) of PTSD are different in many ways;  like flashbacks, nightmares, etc.
KTowne commented on melimeli's status
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
50-Year Cover-Up
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time